Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Entry 1

Hello wide world of social networking fiends. I am David. This is my first blog. I'm not quite sure if it will be read at all. Fortunately for me those are not my intentions for this blog. My intentions are simple. I'm not a fantastic writer. I certainly don't have a way with words. But I believe a blog could be good for me. Do I really need to explain myself?

Why not start from where I'm at right now? I'm a 26 year old elementary music teacher living in Jacksonville, FL. I have my B.A. in Music from a small college in Alabama no one really knows about. I kind of just moved after I graduated in 2007. Someone told me that Jax, FL is where it's at. I'm still trying to find out where to find "it". I teach elementary music at George W. Carver Elem. M-W and Rutledge Pearson Elem. Th-F. I do freelance gigs and open mics with my twin brother Daniel. We call ourselves "Oscar Mike". Clever name I know. You don't have to tell me. We write our own music. He plays guitar and I sing. Straight up acoustic act. We enjoy being as creative as we possibly can with our music. Music in my humble opinion is very liberating and we enjoy exploring its dimensions. I sing tenor in the Jacksonville Symphony Chorus. We perform with the orchestra here in Jax. Singing is great, but I'm not limited to voice only. I studied the trumpet in college, and taught myself the bass guitar while I was a teenager. Over the past few years I've picked up the guitar and the piano. I guess you could say I'm a musician. I have a nice life here in Jax. Change, however, always has a way of finding you no matter how comfortable or stable one might believe he or she is. I am no different.

This is my first entry. It's not where "it's" at, but it's definitely where "I'm" at.

2 comments: