Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Exploring Different Avenues

Ever since Nick moved here and joined Oscar Mike and we started actively gigging again, it's given me new purpose. I LOVE performing live with the guys. When we're on stage playing I'm completely in the moment. To hear our music come to life is a rush that will never get old. I'm looking forward to what this year might hold. I'm excited about trying out new venues and writing, recording new songs.

I realize, however, that I'm not maximizing my full potential as a songwriter. This week I'm finally going to get our demo copyrighted, and I'm going to join the Songwriters Guild of America.

I want music to be the focal point of my life. Some might say that it already is with me being a music teacher and all, but that's far from the truth. Teaching is just my day job. This year I fully intend on making music my primary focus by performing, writing, and recording with Oscar Mike while trying to see if I can sell a few tunes. It feels good to even write about it. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck with this! It's great that you've realized that this is your calling and your passion in life. It's good that you are teaching music, though, and while it's a tough job, I hope that you continue to inspire others to find their passion in music as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known it for awhile now and I've been gradually leaning closer to it, but for some reason I've been denying it. I don't know what changed in my train of thought or when it did for that matter, but I'm ready to dedicate myself to music even further.

    Thank you for reading and thank you even more for the encouragement. The older I get, the harder it is to come by it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete